Thursday, August 23, 2007

I love handmade soap

Put down your Ivory. It's all a lie. Irish Spring? No.

You need actual soap. Soap forged by the hands of human and made of things that aren't also used to kill insects. You need - you deserve- handmade soap, and you need to buy it on http://etsy.com.

This is my handmade soap manifesto. I am not a soapmaker. I am a client. Let me tell you about some of the fine people I've bought soap from.

Today in the mail arrived a beautiful package from http://lothandvolta.etsy.com. One of my favorite scents is cinnamon. Now I have cinnamon and geranium soap from L&V. I am clean and a smell like cinnamon. I am a happy, clean, and good-smelling woman. I defy you to find stuff this good at Rite-Aid. I also bought the mint and the flower soap, which look and smell wonderful. Truly impressive, I love it. Check out all the fabulous products from this two-person soapmaking team.

When mosquitos attack, who do you call? http://shineyourhineysoapco.etsy.com, that's who. Her lemongrass and green tea soap did the trick. Mosquitos are at bay. I was at work today and I nearly said aloud "who smells so wonderful?". I stopped myself, because it was me that smelled so wonderful. Washing with this soap is the equivalent of having something great to smell all day. It's a real pickme up. DEFINITELY check all the other great products in this soap. The packaging also makes you smile.

I also recently bought tea tree soap from http://distilledrose.etsy.com. This soap was gigantic bar. I'll never leave the shower. The tea tree is great for oily/combination skin. Plus its great to shave with, did you know that? Fresh and bright scent with great properties. The rest of the shop? Top notch scents and ingredients. Head over there. right. now.

These are just SOME of the wonderful folks I've bought soap from. I am always impressed, every shower. It's a really happy thing. Buy lots of etsyian's soap. You will get a far superior product, will be supporting independent crafters/artisans, and will feel and smell good - if not far better - than before.

If you want to see these products in person, here's an opportunity. At the EtsyLabs in Brooklyn, a team of etsy shops called the Etsy Clean and Green Guild are having a trunk show Aug. 31. You need to be clean for labor day. So buy some of the fine wares available this evening. For more information, please check out: http://etsylabs.blogspot.com/2007/08/last-fridays-trunk-show-etsy-green-and.html

1 comment:

Lilibet said...

i am in the process of trying to decide which etsy soaps to try. thanks for the posting!