Sunday, April 1, 2007

Silly origins to my items





It's April Fool's Day!
I thought to offer a peak into how some of my sillier items were created. All are or were available for sale at
http://sweetyprize.etsy.com. Check them out!

1. Helmet Hat

I had this super thick yarn, and wondered what would happen if I made a hat out of it. Hats can be so silly, like anything, if you just take it and exaggerate an element of it. Crazy brim, oversized pompom. This one is an exaggeration of thickness. It came out looking like a crazy helmet. Something a vintage footballer or a character out of a video game would wear.



2. Leafy nymph scarf thing




Well, this yarn looked kinda like the color of a tree branch. And then I had all these silk flower leaves. I crocheted them together, voila, it's a thin scarf. Or maybe its a belt. But either way, you are definitely a spritely creature if you're wearing this thing


3. VHS tape place mat


There is no doubt about it, cassette tape looks like

yarn. So I use it like yarn. And here it is as a

placemat. Add some shiney crinkilyness to

your meal.

4.chalkboard mug
Gosh, they have mugs that say anything on them don't they? Well this one can say anything you want it to. Go ahead! You just write it on in chalk. I liked the idea of being able to write anything you want on it. So I gave it a try!

Now go be silly.

No comments: