Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Interview with nitelily3.etsy.com


Simply put, nitelily3 makes beautiful bags. They caught my eye and I had to reach out for an interview. Here is the good word. Check out all the beautiful items at http://nitelily3.etsy.com

Q: what do you make and why is it great?
A: I make anything that involves fabric, including bags, wristlets, and clothing, as well as paint. I love creating new things, with out the use of patterns that way each item is unique and I have a fun time figuring out what to do with my next piece.

Q: why handmade?
A: Handmade things are original, one of a kind. It's also that touch that you know someone has spent hours working on something and can be yours.
Q: is there a particular reason you make bags?
A: I make bags and clothing because I love fabric, designing, textures, mixing old with new. I began sewing at age 8, making doll clothes, and I've been sewing since then. I can pretty much make anything out of fabric, all one needs is a sewing machine, thread, some fabric and imagination.

Q: describe what you put into your craft, the process of making things.
A: For me, making bags and clothing is like second nature. I look at a piece of fabric and know in an instant what i'm going to make out of it. Or I know a person and make a bag have its own personality, thats why most of my items have names...they usually come to me while making the item and I go from there.



Q: would you like to talk more about a particular item you've made?
I Love my new Large Karolina tote. I made a small purse out of the same fabric and saved the last sliver I had for something special. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to make, but I knew I had to hold on to it for a while. Fast forward 2 months and the idea sprang on me. I knew that I wanted to make a large bag with a mix of old and new. It is pleated and the edges are rounded for a retro, yet feminine look and I added a genuine Vintage Brooch with a Cameo that can be removed and worn on any item of clothing or another bag. I have a lot of favorites in my store, and a lot of ideas in my head, so watch out for new things to come!

1 comment:

K said...

Lovely fabrics!